We advise patients to contact their insurance company prior to appointments for information regarding coverage of surgical treatment. Call the Member Services number located on your insurance card.
- Verify that you have active insurance coverage.
- Obtain co-pay, co-insurance, and deductible amounts.
- Verify the diagnosis meets medical necessity for procedure/testing and that procedure/testing is covered by the insurance company.
Ask the insurance representative the following:
- Are there any waiting periods for pre-existing conditions or exclusions on your policy for general surgery treatment?
- What the benefits are for procedures/testing performed in a specialist office (diagnosis and procedure codes are listed below).
- Does the policy require a referral from the primary care provider prior to coming to Muskegon General Surgery? If yes, contact your primary care physician prior to coming to the office.
- Does the policy cover prescriptions? All patients will likely require prescription medications.
We will provide a financial estimate outlining your treatment plan. The final cost may vary and the patient may owe more money or be due a refund at the conclusion of treatment. The estimate will only include services that are rendered by Muskegon Surgical Associates. Other services if provided by the hospital will not be included. A 50% deposit of the total estimate not covered by your insurance is due before any appointments are scheduled. The remaining balance is due 7 business days before the treatment/visit date.